Melissa Geller, M.D.
- Women`s Health
- Gynecologic Oncology
- Gynecologic Cancer Center
- Fairview Maple Grove Cancer Center
Finch University of Health Sciences at the Chicago Medical School
University of Minnesota (Obstetrics and Gynecology)
Memorial-Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (Gynecologic Oncology Surgery); University of Minnesota (Gynecologic Oncology)
Dept. of OB/GYN & Women’s Health
MMC 395 Mayo
8395C (Campus Delivery Code)
420 Delaware St SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Dr. Geller joined our faculty in 2005 and is a board certified Gynecologic Oncologist.
Dr. Geller graduated cum laude with honors in Biology from Boston College. She received her medical degree at Chicago Medical School Finch University of Health Sciences and completed her residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Minnesota. She conducted a fellowship in gynecologic oncology surgery at Memorial-Sloan Kettering Cancer Center followed by a fellowship in gynecologic oncology at the University of Minnesota.
Dr. Geller's clinical interests are ovarian cancer and the treatment of uterine sarcomas. Dr. Geller received the CAPS Award which she will use to study gene microarray patterns in ovarian cancer. Her active research interests are as follows:
- MCP-1 (Macrophage Chemotactic Protein-1) levels in patients with newly diagnosed ovarian cancer receiving chemotherapy
- Women's Cancer Center Protocol #38: A Phase II trial of induction carboplatin and docetaxel followed by radiotherapy then consolidation chemotherapy with carboplatin and docetaxel in Stage II, IV and recurrent endometrial cancer.
- Alterations in Serotonin (5-HT) signaling as a mechanism for chemotherapy induced constipation in ovarian cancer patients.
- Use of multimedia materials for educational materials for women with newly-diagnosed ovarian cancer.