Peter Argenta, MD
- Women`s Health
- Gynecologic Oncology
- Gynecologic Cancer Center
Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, NC
Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
Mount Sinai Medical Centerl, New York, NY (Gynecologic Oncology)
Dept. of OB/GYN & Women’s Health
MMC 395 Mayo
8395C (Campus Delivery Code)
420 Delaware St SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Dr. Argenta is an Associate Professor in the Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Women’s Health, Division of Gynecologic Oncology. In addition, Dr. Argenta is the Medical Director of the Park Nicollet Oncology Clinic.
Dr. Argenta received his medical degree in 1995 from Duke University and completed an internship and residency in obstetrics and gynecology at the University of Pennsylvania. He completed a fellowship in gynecologic oncology at Mount Sinai School of Medicine. Dr. Argenta is board certified in obstetrics and gynecology as well as the subspecialty of gynecologic oncology.
Dr. Argenta’s research interests lie in the areas of early events in carcinogenesis and the molecular mechanisms of wound healing, the treatment and prevention of ovarian cancer, with specific interest in using antiangiogenic agents in the management of metastatic tumors. In addition, Dr. Argenta has acquired specialty training in the Intuitive Surgical® daVinci® Surgical System.
- Center for Minimally Invasive Surgery, Leadership council – 2002-present
- Medical Director 2007 – Highest patient-rated service in the health system
- Mpls.St. Paul Magazine, "Top Doctor" (2012-2014)
- Best Doctors in America® (2011-2012, 2013)
- Minnesota Monthly Magazine, "Best Doctors for Women," 2011
- Minnesota Monthly "Best Doctors" (2014)
- "America's Top Obstetricians and Gynecologists," Consumers' Research Council of America. May 2007